Admission Requirements for 2017/2018
Academic excellence is the main requirement, but to be successful, students must also be self-motivated and hard working. The thesis research project requires students to work relatively independently and to commit the time needed to satisfactorily complete the project. Many students enjoy this opportunity to develop their research skills.
The admission requirements for the Honours Program are listed on this webpage by September 1st each year. The criteria for applications due January 23, 2017 are:
- at least 72 units or 12.0 full-course equivalents (FCE) completed at the time of application;
- minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.5 over the most recent 42 units (7.0 FCE);
- minimum GPA of 3.5 over all Psychology courses included in the most recent 30 units (5.0 FCE);
- minimum grade of A- in PSYC 312 (or 407, 411 or 415);
- no F's over the most recent 5.0 FCE;
- all remaining graduation requirements for the BA/BSc Honours degree can be completed during the following Fall/Winter registration period;
- eligible thesis supervisor willing to supervise the honours thesis and resources available to complete the thesis
- minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 over all courses applicable towards the completion of the degree requirements to graduate with honours.